Version 2.4 (Android)
|Version||UBIK® Android Demo||UBIK® Android Standard||UBIK® Android AT-R001||UBIK® Android DE-P001|
|2.4.6||Acceptance pending||Acceptance pending||On demand||On demand|
|2.4.5||Acceptance pending||Acceptance pending||On demand||Acceptance pending|
|2.4.4||2015.04.23||2015.04.23||Acceptance pending||On demand|
|2.4.2||2015.03.20||2015.03.20||Acceptance pending||On demand|
|2.4.0||2014.12.05||2014.12.05||Acceptance pending||On demand|
- Push Service - Pushes can be received and processed automatically.
- Configurable Start Screen - The start screen's tabs and buttons can be configured using an XML file.
- Lazy Loading - The memory consumption and initialization time are vastly reduced when using the new lazy loading setting.
- New Preset Management - Stored presets are shared between all UBIK® apps and are no longer removed after uninstalling the apps.
- Redlining Indicator - Document objects now display the numbers of their redlined copies as overlays of their thumbnails.
- Navigation Drawer - Some buttons are moved from the action bar to a new navigation drawer for easy access.
- New Style for Action Bar - The action bar is now made transparent to highlight the background image.
- Fixed a potential issue where the app crashes when starting AR views.
- Fixed an issue where content is not automatically updated after a crucial setting (Server Name) changes.
- A bug where the app freezes when trying to delete objects locally was fixed.
- A bug where updating a newly created document provoked an error notification was fixed.
- A bug where an object couldn't be fully sent to the server but the user wasn't notified was fixed.
- Fixed a bug where the app crashed when a custom logo couldn't be loaded.
- A bug where files weren't synced during the offline mode preparations was fixed.
- A bug where endless editor popups appeared when a task had a readonly property was fixed.
- Fixed an issue where offline status led stopped working.
- The notification when the offline mode preparations are finished now doesn't look like an error message anymore.
- A bug where updated files weren't removed from the commit manager view was fixed.
- Fixed an issue where the app crashes when rotating devices running post Android JellyBean versions.
- A bug where a configured video wasn't played after clicking the texture was fixed. Also provided the possibility to stop and replay the video.
- A bug where the POI view crashed when opening it too soon was fixed.
- Fixed a bug where the start of activities used for optical code scanning wasn't delayed until the app is fully initialized.
- Fixed an issue where content/property cache is cleared before being saved.
- Fixed a bug where Map layers and Layer Items are not shown after logging in with different webservice.
- Fixed an issue where map layers are not saved/displayed.
- A bug where the AR Navigation crashed after changing the name of a target object was fixed and/or couldn't be reproduced.
- A bug where the app crashed after the offline mode preparations failed and the app is restarted afterwards was fixed and/or couldn't be reproduced.
- Fixed an issue where billboards are not repositioned in the POI view after their Geo data changes.
- A bug where the buttons in a dialog shown in the AR view were too small was fixed.
- Fixed a bug where the NavigationMapsButton, used in the configurable start screen feature, didn't open the Navigation Maps Activity.
- Fixed a bug where the buttons in the AR Navigation HUD weren't the same size.
- Fixed a bug where a document with an unknown filetype couldn't be edited even if an appropriate app was installed, because the app selection dialog wasn't even shown.
- Fixed a bug where map markers had different sizes on different devices.
- A bug where the sync mode menu was misplaced in a certain situation was fixed - the menu was replaced by buttons in the navigation drawer (flyout menu).
- Fixed a bug where the push service wouldn't realize a setting change when a PreSet is loaded.
- Empty content lists now display "Wait to update." when the update for the content lists is scheduled but not yet started.
- Fixed a bug where name & description were confused when displaying a content in the content browser. One could say it worked as designed, but now we implemented a default behaviour that makes sense in most standard cases.
- Fixed a bug where the map markers couldn't be clicked as a result of the above bugfix (switching of name & description).
- Memory Usage Improvement - The app's memory usage was analyzed and improved.
- Plugin Architecture - Created the technical basis for more flexible app customization and faster future developments.
- Test Data Register - A Trac wiki page listing test environments and test data was created.
- On the Unitech TB100 tablet, the Markerless Activity crashes.
- The POI View crashes when canceling the "Navigate To" Action.
- In some cases, the POI view camera freezes and the billboards rotate instead of moving.
- Sometimes, the POI view crashes when returning from a barcode reader app.
- UBIK is not always aware of modifications to PDF documents.
- PreSets don't work with Android 5.
- Logout doesn't fully work with Android 5.
- POI view crashes with Android 5.
- Login-button at PreSet selection doesn't work with Android 5.
- Better Usability of Settings - Possibility to configure settings before login
- Better Login Diagnostics - More detailed error messages for login problems
- Push Activation Setting - Setting for (de-)activating the Push service
- POI View Update - LLA-Only button for switching positioning modes conveniently
- Content Browser Update - Query results are shown immediately after pressing the "OK" button
- Near Field Communication (NFC) - RFID-Reader prototype for scanning RFIDs and showing the ID
- Easier Login - Possibility to remember passwords for future logins
- PreSets - Fixed a bug where the PreSets and the settings UI didn't behave correctly. Now, null-values can be saved & read with PreSets, and settings can be edited correctly before login.
- Smartphone GUI - Fixed a bug where the name/description separator (" - ") of a content list item wasn't displayed correctly (on smartphones).
- RFID Scanner - A feature for finding objects by scanning an RFID chip is provided (online and offline).
- Indoor Positioning - The indoor positioning mode now uses dead reckoning, LLA and some plausibility models, but no wifi fingerprinting anymore.
- HTTP authentication - In the settings it can now be configured to use HTTP for authentication, too.
- Tolerant Offline Mode - Even in case of a file download error, the offline mode preparation succeeds now.
- Visocon Support Button - The support button in the Demo app now uses Visocon instead of Skype.
- Demo Maps - Automatic Zoom-In to Klagenfurt.
- A bug where document descriptions were formatted wrong on smartphones was fixed.
- Context Sensitive Action Bar - The context sensitive action bar was cleaned up (e.g. removed scan buttons).
- Aggregated Context Action Button - An aggregated Geo Actions button was added to the context action bar.
- Altitude Offset Setting - A new setting AltitudeOffset for adjusting the altitude of the device's location was added to the Demo app.
- Expandable Navigation Drawer Submenu - An expandable submenu for scanning actions was added to the Demo app's Navigation Drawer.
- Navigation Drawer in POI View - The navigation drawer is now also available in the POI view.
- Map & POI View - Geo objects no longer have to be in the infrastructure list to be shown as POIs.
- Location Freeze Button - In the POI view, the location freeze button is now also available when entering in LLA_ONLY mode.
- Hierarchy Bar - In the hierarchy navigation bar on the bottom of the content browser, for all entries an object's name is now used instead of the description.
- Fixed a bug where the positioning service didn't use the altitude of positions.
- An issue where the AT-R001 start screen wasn't configured correctly by default was fixed.
- A bug where the redlining button showed up even for non-document objects (if the object was classified respectively) was fixed.
- Documents are updated correctly after they have changed on the server.
- Proxy Support - The UBIK Android web service client now supports proxies.
- Getac Barcode Scanner - The Getac Z710's integrated barcode scanner can now be used for finding objects using barcodes (online and offline).
- POI Dialog - The POI dialogs (Map View, AR View) now also display the important properties of the POI objects.
- Clickable Configured Geometries - For a Configurable AR GeometryAction, a UBIK object can now be linked. A click on a respective geometry opens a UBIK object dialog.
- ActionBar Title on Smartphones - For reasons of space, on smartphones the content browser's action bar now displays only the name of the current object.
- Broader Unit Column - The unit-column in the property list is now bigger even on smartphones, so the full unit can be displayed without line break.
- A bug where objects where shown in the result list of a scanning feature even when no scan was successful was fixed.
- A bug where icons on POI billboards were to small on a Nexus 5 Smartphone was fixed.
- Documents are updated correctly after they have changed on the server.
- Increased and unified minimum (14) and target (19) SDK versions of all projects.
- Usernames are case-insensitive now. Old accounts might not be remembered anymore.
- String property values are now left aligned while the others remain right aligned.
- The client is now able to receive and display pop up dialogs.
- Safety instruction features for work packages are now available in UBIK Android.
- A mobile free text search feature is available now.
- Documents that are also document owners now display numbers of their child documents on top of their thumbnails. This feature replaces the previous redlining indicators.
- A new setting was added for configuring a compass offset.
- A new button for calibrating the compass was added to the POI and AR-Navigation views.
- The compass offset is now used also for dead reckoning.
- The RFID scanning feature now supports the formats NfcA, NfcB and NfcV instead of only the first one.
- UBIK can now be installed on devices without Google Play Services. For example, the Epson BT-200 glasses.
- Fixed a potential issue where rotating screens causes the properties to disappear in POI dialogs.
- A bug where the navigation drawer couldn't be closed with a click or swipe was fixed.
- Billboard descriptions that are too long now are handled correctly; i.e. an ellipsis (...) is concatenated to the cut-off text.
- Fixed several app crashes on Android 4.0 and Android 4.1 devices.
- Fixed an issue where wrong presets might be applied when there are other presets with similar names.
- Fixed an issue where the POI view crashes on unsupported devices. In such cases, users won't be able to access this feature but will be informed at least.
- The Demo map activities have been unified into one capable of all features.
- It is now possible to be notified after the update for a document and its file are finished.
- Lots of unused assets and libraries were removed in order to reduce the size of our apps greatly.
- Map overlays are now configurable on the server.
- The currently applied preset is indicated accordingly as title of settings activity and in the "load PreSet" dialog.
- Commissioning work packages and tasks.
- An issue where changed settings weren't immediately applied to the AR Navigation and AR View in the Demo app was fixed.
- Fixed a rare issue where the app crashes due to database operations.
- Editing geodata properties now does work also for apps without AR features.
- Positioning service now stops as it should after force closing the application.
- For Getac devices with built-in barcode scanners, barcode scanning works correctly now.
- From now on, the geodata editor dialog will not disappear when clicking outside the dialog.
- Upon triggering a sync by eg. loading a new preset, switching to offline mode is disabled until the necessary information is fetched.
- Changes after loading a PreSet before login are now applied correctly after login.
- If a user want to load a preset file which is currupted and can not be loaded, he is informed by a notification.